Written by: John Hansel
In marketing, content is king, and video is an especially dynamic and high-value form of content. At WTWH, our in-house video team can help you create the most interesting, unique, and high-quality video content possible. Our team will guide you along the way to make sure the best video is delivered, but first, here are some important guidelines to keep in mind:
- The content must be interesting to be successful. Imagine yourself as the viewer. Will the subject matter keep you interested enough to watch the video in its entirety? Make sure the video has a clear and concise message.
- Determine the right video type. There are various types of videos including tutorials (how-to), product demonstrations, educational explanations, company profiles, interviews, and product releases. Any of these can take place in studio, on-location at a company, or in a trade show booth.
- Videos featuring real-world applications are always more interesting than ones with a static product. For example, showing a product being used in motion is more exciting than showing one that is sitting on a table.
- Speakers featured on camera should be animated and have personality. Make sure the speaker is experienced, knowledgeable, and most of all, comfortable enough to represent your company.
- Videos should be short, ideally 2-3 minutes. Analytics show viewers quickly stop watching a video after the first 60 seconds or sometimes even the first few seconds, so again, make sure the content is as engaging as possible. Complicated processes or in-depth product explanations can be split into a series of videos rather than compressed into one long video.
For more information about our video production services, click here.