#SMMW15: The Power of Twitter: 140 Characters Can Make or Break Your Brand
Joel Comm: Joel is the co-author of Twitter Power 3.0: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time. A pioneer of the world wide web since 1995, Joel’s knack for spotting the next big thing has made him a leader in social media, online video, iPhone apps, software development, internet marketing, podcasting, content creation, authoring and more. An in-demand speaker, Joel captivates and equips audiences around the world with his unique strategies and entertaining format.
- 270,000,000 active users
- 300 billions Tweets shared
- 20% or Americans have a Twitter Accounts
- The average user follows 5 or more businesses
- 37% will buy from a brand they follow
- 30%of small businesses are NOT on Twitter
The Good, Bad, and the Ugly of Tweeting
- CHECK THE TRENDING HASHTAG FIRST- Just because it’s trending does not mean it is appropriate to share from your brand
- Own it, say you are sorry, and move on.
- When possible, show humor when owning up to mistakes
- Share your expertise
If you are interesting in learning more from Joel Comm – check out these free ebooks: comm.us/joelbonus.