On April 15, three of the most successful digital media companies in Northeast Ohio came together to help the media professionals of tomorrow. Stack Media, WTWH Media and Content Marketing Institute partnered to bring students and young professionals together for #MediaCLE.
#MediaCLE was designed for young marketers, journalists, designers and business professionals to see the opportunities in Northeast Ohio Media. The organizers believe that Northeast Ohio is the prime spot to develop a media company, where a rich history of publishing and ample new media talent are creating a rare opportunity for entrepreneurs and professionals seeking a future in media.
Chad Zimmerman, Co-Founder of STACK Media, spoke on building a video empire. Chad not only recognized the need for empowering future athletes – he experienced the need first-hand in high school, and throughout college. Once the need was determined, Chad set out for the solution. He leveraged his college network, including professors and fellow classmates, and was able to develop and launch STACK Media in Cleveland.
Since its beginnnings, STACK has grown into a digital content powerhouse, pulling 15+ million unique visitors per month. In his pursuits, Chad and his STACk team have continued to provide solutions to student athletes’ problems.
What did we learn?
- Great content is essentially worthless if no one sees it – utilize your social channels and find the eyeballs!
- Content discovery is critical for success and search is still a key driver of traffic for ALL publishers.
- Be mobile friendly – it’s the only way to survive online, especially with new, younger audiences.
- Know how to market – digital marketing is your friend.
- Video is critical to success because it is at the core of all content opportunities and experiences.
- Spend time on your headlines.
IMPORTANT: Writers need to be directors and video producers to create multimedia packages!
Follow Nicole on Twitter: @WTWH_Nicole.