SMMW15: How to Sell with Twitter: Techniques that Work
How to Sell With Twitter: Techniques that Work
Kim Garst: Kim is author of the forthcoming new book Will the Real You Please Stand Up: Show Up, Be Authentic and Prosper in Social Media, as well as The Quick and Easy Guide to Branding Your Business and Creating Massive Sales with Pinterest. Kim is a marketing strategist, speaker and the co-founder and CEO of Boom! Social, a social “selling” consultancy agency that works with businesses of all sizes. Forbes has listed her as a Top 10 Social Media Woman Influencer and she has been featured by Fox News, CBS News, The Huffington Post, Business Week and Social Media Examiner.
Yes, you can really sell stuff on twitter, BUT you cant just tweet and expect sales. Sales happen through the relationships that we build and the investment that we make to improve value. To be a successful brand on twitter you should lead with value without the expectation of a reward.
“If you aren’t aren’t marketing your business in some way each and every day – you are wrong.”
“On twitter you have 140 to show up, be authentic, and prosper.”
“Social media is not a one size all. Test to see what works for you and your business.”
Kim’s Tips: Indirect ways to sell
1. Your customers and prospective customers are talking….are you listening? There are conversations around your brand, product, or service happening on Twitter but, are you engaging?
2. People buy from those they know, like and trust. You can control the chaos and build relationships with twitter lists. Some examples include:
3. Other peoples products/services you believe in
4. Promo or coupon codes
5. Lead generation cards: You can use lead generation cards to create mini landing pages right within Twitter to collect things like email addresses, first and last names, or usernames.
6. SHOW don’t sell
7. Sales funnel for an internet entrepreneur