INBOUND15: The Intersection of Content & Social Media
Sonia Simone is the co-founder and Chief Content Officer at Copyblogger. Sonia writes about marketing, entrepreneurship, and the importance of creating better customer relationships. Sonia emphasizes the importance of giving your customers the greater voice in your business and always creating remarkable content.
Her presentation, The Intersection of Content & Social Media was nothing short of inspiring. She discussed what happens at this intersection of content and social media and what happens is – business. The intersection creates persuasion and persuasion creates business. She highlighted that social media is not always about engagement.
Though engagement is very important, social is mostly about content promotion. Your content should always be optimized for sharing and visually pleasing. Content connects your business to thousands of others and bounces around until it ideally finds your customer. Sonia explained, “The content and the conversation are a celebration of the customer and their experience.”
Sonia shared what has worked in the past for Copyblogger and what strategies they continue to use today.
Here are some key points:
- Use LinkedIn & Twitter for socialization. Other sites will not be as effective.
- Linkedin starts more in depth conversation and helps you listen to your audience
- When trying to solve a social media problem, “listen twice as much as you talk.” Listen to your customers before anyone else and you will meet their needs.
- Foster better relationships through communication. Foster relationships with customers, co-workers, and most importantly – SALES.
- You have to care about the people you serve and what you are serving them
- Passion wins and it doesn’t always follow the brand guidelines
- Speak first to understand, then to be understood. If you don’t get what’s going on then you can’t make content that resonates with them.
Follow Lexi at Lexi_WTWH for social media marketing news and updates.