Michael Griffin is a Senior Implementation Specialist at HubSpot. He is named as one of the Next Generation of PR Pros: 24 Young PR Pros to Watch by Arik Hanson. In recent years, Twitter has become crucial to a successful marketing strategy. Twitter not only supports content, but helps engage with customers and generates new leads.
In his presentation How to Effectively Use Twitter to Elevate your Marketing Strategy, Michael highlighted some really interesting Twitter statistics.
Here are a few tips to elevate your marketing strategy on Twitter:
- The most active times on Twitter are 12 pm, 5pm, 6pm. Post accordingly!
- For B2B companies weekdays show 14% more engagement than on weekends
- Always engage with customers in a timely, relevant fashion.
- When trying to understand what matters most, look at buyer personas.
- Pay attention and monitor conversations, because what people say could affect your brand’s reputation.
- Responding to tweets isn’t always easy but it’s important to do so.
Twitter statistics to keep in mind:
- There are 302 million active users on Twitter
- Active users on mobile 80%
- 68% are replies, 26% regular tweets, 6% retweets
- 66.7% of all public brand mentions on social media happen on twitter
- Most tweeted events of 2015 were The Grammy’s, SNL 40th Anniversary and the Superbowl
Follow Lexi at Lexi_WTWH for social media marketing news and updates.