#CMWorld: B2B Blogging Driven by Employees
Rick Short, Director of Marketing Communications for Indium Corporation shares how Indium created a successful B2B content marketing strategy at Content Marketing World. Indium began with a goal to “own” a platform as a thought leader for their industry. They realized and understood the fact that people want to talk to someone like them, not a “slimy” marketer who was trying to sell. With this in mind Indium began their blogging strategy written by their own engineers, “From One Engineer to Another.”
Rick Short’s Rules:
1) Always begin at the end: Establish a written goal, corporate goal & an individual goal.
2) What gets measured gets managed.
3) Commit to a path or a process. Content > Contact > Cash
4) Establish INDIVIDUALS as the thought leaders in your targeted arenas.
5) Be real! Make a realistic assessment of your resources of your resources & assets.
6) Be authentic. Commit to transparency & authenticity; “Turn your company inside out.”
7) Establish a voice. Understand you and do you.
8) Define your target. Indium’s audiences are: Customer, Indium, Community & Media.
9) Be the answer, today, to the question your customer will ask tomorrow.
10) Respect your content generators and purveyors.
11) Blunch! Indium always has a bloggers lunch with pizza
13) Some things are just wrong.
Ex. Ghost writing, not having fun and hard to understand metrics.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.