Are you interested in growing your business and following on Pinterest? Check out these simple tips from Vincent Ng at Social Media Marketing World 2016.
Vincent Ng is a Pinterest marketer and professional speaker. Since 2010, Vincent has found clever ways that businesses, bloggers, and e-commerce owners could use Pinterest to drive more web traffic and get more sales.
What are Interests?
On Pinterest, interests are topics that users follow. The number of interests is significantly more important then the number of followers you have. Pinterest users follow a specific topic so they can learn more about it. Interests are important because they reach the right people that are interested in the right topic.
Pinterest can suggest interests and sub-niche interests within hidden markets. The reality is: we need to focus on interests and followers to be able to reach as many people as possible.
How Do You Show Up on Interest Feeds?
To show up on interest feeds, find relative interests specifically related to your business and customers. Search for keywords relative to your industry by using this link: pinterest.com/explore/keyword-title
- Find relative interests
- Look for high engagement within interest feeds
- When looking for high engagement numbers, look within your industry and not for comparison
- Be a copycat
- Get Re-pins
- To get re-pins use Tribes, which are specific groups of people that help you re-pin to share content and maximize your reach.
- Pin Winning Pins First
- Pin the most popular pins in the feed first.
- Pin Consecutively
- Pin consistently and frequently
- Are you at the top?
- To obtain a high ranking in interest feeds, make your Pinterest board the same name as the interest. These pins will be the first to show up on that specific interest feed.
- Pin Later
- If you don’t make it to the top right away, pin later. Have patience. Rename and re-pin to create more engagement and impressions
- Look for new interests
For more information about Vincent Ng, check out his blog.