Do you want to learn how to grow your business using Facebook? Check out Mari Smith’s 7 Power Tips to Succeed on Facebook from Social Media Marketing World 2016.
Mari Smith is one of the world’s leading social media thought leaders with deep expertise in Facebook marketing. She is often referred to as the “Queen of Facebook.” She is a Forbes’ Top Social Media Power Influencer (currently #4 of 100).
What are Facebook’s Top Priorities?
- Capitalizing on the shift to Mobile
- Growing the number of marketers using AD products
- Making Ads more relevant and effective
On Facebook there are 50 million active business pages. Only 3 million are ad users.
Tip #1: Creative Use of Video:
- Video Ads: Video views and custom audience
- Video Tools To Use: Animoto, Adobe Voice
- Mobile Animations: Ripl or Lumyer
The key to making an effective video for Facebook, is to make your content personal, relatable, visually appealing, use upbeat music, believable and simple to shoot.
Facebook Video Tips:
- Catch attention in the first 3 seconds: focus on quality, create for sound off, use captions and lower thirds rule
- Edit after you upload: Add a video call to action, Add keywords and tags
- Test and Analyze
Tip #2: Adoption of Facebook Live: Mobile live television in your pocket
- Key = Quality & Relevance
- How To’s
- Weekly Shows
- Community building in groups
Facebook Live Tips:
- Use a short compelling title
- Always encourage viewers to subscribe
- Broadcast to 5-20 minutes or more
- Edit your video afterwards by adding a CTA, thumbnail, and captions
Tip #3: Be Immersive on Mobile
- In 1999, viewers were willing to wait 8 seconds for a page to load
- By 2010, 57% abandon at 3 seconds
- For Mobile load time solutions, use Facebook Instant Articles (they load 10x faster!)
- Use Canvas Ads (similar to snapchat)
- Monetize through Facebook Audience Network
Tip #4: Messenger For Business
- 1:1 personal
- Prompt social customer care
- Messanger Chat Bots
- Messenger Advertising (coming soon)
Tip #5: Optimize Facebook Ads:
- Facebook is now the #1 Advertising Option: 1.59b active users, 1.44b mobile (90%)
- Facebook Ads is a Hub: Mobile, Desktop, Messenger, Instagram, Facebook Audience Network
- Use Lead Ads
- Use custom audiences, different ad types (15+), targeting options
Tip #6: Maximize Organic Reach
- Make content relative & timely
- Increase sharability factor by making your audience look good when sharing, and by using storytelling vs. boring corporate ads
- Use Facebook Live more often
- Use Buzzsumo: Analyze what performs best for any Facebook Page
Tip #8: Engagement is Queen!
- Fastest Response time always wins!
- Warm, personal & human interaction
- Use first names
- Acknowledge shares
- Private message commenters when nessecary
- Posts on Sunday = 52.9% more interactions
- Videos = most shared (89.5 average shares)
- Posts 10–11pm EST = 88% more interactions
- Ask a question = 162% more interactions
For more information about Mari Smith, check out her website.